hmmmm - a proposal

m
mmmm
mmmm mm
m mmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm mm
mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmm m
mm



A gathering of people to hum together.
An as yet, unrealised project. The soundfile above is a little tryout.
I have been exploring the power of voice in different ways for years, in fact it was how I became interested in sound as an artistic medium. The recorded voice, the broadcast voice and the telephone voice have played vital roles in my work. This idea strips away the mediation and has the performers present.
Performing live is something that has petrified me, and it is often expected of someone who works with sound. I have performed a number of times in different ways and have realised, that for me at least, collaborating and performing with others is the way to relish the live experience of sound.
Also, I think active participation, without feeling put on the spot, is an exciting and potentially enriching experience for all involved, much more so than keeping audience and performers as discreet entities. It is my hope that Hmmmm would do this, providing a platform and an invitation for people to join in the collective and rich drone.

Comments

Popular Posts